Mid-Season Report, 2012
A. Interesting Clients.
C. Multi-pitch and Alpine Climbing Trips.
D. Group Registraion Discount.
Here are the highlights of this climbing season so far:
A. Interesting Clients
- A Toronto woman who was 6-month pregnant took our "Gym to Crag: Top Rope Anchor Setting and Climbing" course. She did great!
- A photographer who was heading to Hudson Bay to take pictures of birds on cliffs took a customized training with us to learn to rappell, ascend and more.
- A paleontologist took a series of training with us so that he became capable to set a fixed rope on a 3rd or 4th class route to provide safety assistance for his teammates when they go to mountains to look for fossils.
- Two women in their 40s took an introductory climbing course to renew their childhood love for climbing. They grew up in mountains in China.
You can climb, regardless.
One of the biggest challenges for course graduates is to find a partner to practice and solidify learned skills. To help our course graduates to overcome this challenge, we have set up this meet-up group for course graduates to attend free climbing events to meet other graduates to practice skills with and develop friendship.
Our first climbing event is on Saturday, July 28, 2012. It is open to graduates of all courses. There will be top rope climbing, sport leading and trad leading. If you are a course graduate, please sign up at www.meetup.com/zen-climbers. There will be more events coming.
This group relies on members to organize events and climbing trips to help each other to practice skills and take each other to new climbing locations, all in the spirit of Zen.
We have signed agreement with ACMG Guides in Squamish and Canmore to provide services to Zen Climb’s clients in Squamish and the Canadian Rockies.
- If you’re interested in rock climbing in Squamish, please visit http://www.zenclimb.com/guiding/squamish-multi-pitch-climbing.html
- If you’re interested in rock climbing, snow and ice traveling and mountaineering in the Canadian Rockies, please visit http://www.zenclimb.com/guiding/Rockies-Alpine-Climbing.html
After you register for a trip, you will receive a free preparation session based on your needs.
C. Multi-pitch and Alpine Climbing Trips
Our chief instructor took 3 course graduates to Seneca Rocks in West Virginia for a weekend of multi-pitch climbing trip in June, and will take a course graduate to Canmore in Alberta for an extended weekend of alpine climbing trip in August.
Zen Climb is dedicated to assist you to develop skills and experiences to go to the mountains. We have an ACMG certified full Mountain Guide in Canmore to provide you all training you need: rock climbing, ice climbing, ski and mountaineering. We also have an ACMG certified Rock Guide to help you climb up the Chief in Squamish in British Columbia.
We are planning to offer an Alpine Climbing course in Canmore next year. If you're interested, please let us know what you would like to learn and be able to do through this course. So we can incorporate your needs into the development of this course.
D. Group Registration Discount
A number of people have made good use of our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ZenClimb) to find partners to register courses at group registration discount rates. This tool works. Please use it.
Finally, Raz Peel has taken Zen Climb's "Top Rope Rock Climbing Instructor Certification" course and is almost through the practicum phase to become a full-fledged instructor. So far, clients have given him rave evaluation of his teaching. Congratulations Raz!Xiaoping Li